Are you travelling overseas over the Holiday Season?
Don’t forget to see your GP to check if you need any immunisations to protect yourself.
Mooroolbark Medical Centre are one of the few practices in Victoria accredited to administer Yellow Fever vaccinations, as well as being able to offer most other travel vaccines.
If you are travelling overseas, make sure you book a double appointment for information regarding travel medicine at Mooroolbark Medical Centre!
Mooroolbark Medical Centre would love to welcome Dr Maziar Baghaei to our team!
Starting with us on November 12th 2018, Dr Maz joins us from Myrtle Street Clinic in Alexandra and brings to us an abundance of experience in Emergency Medicine, Sports Medicine, Paediatrics, Skin and Minor Procedures.
Welcome Dr Maz!
We’d like to extend a big thank you to all of our patients that recently took part in our Patient Feedback Survey.
We love getting your feedback and have been able to take some of your suggestions on board to make some improvements to our clinic!
Some of our improvements are:
– We’ve added a new protocol for our receptionists to call you up if your doctor is running more than half an hour behind.
– Text message reminders now sent for all appointments with our Chronic Disease and Diabetic Education Nurses.
– Online booking now available through both Hot Doc and Health Engine.
Don’t forget, you can always leave feedback during your visit to the practice by asking reception for a Suggestion/Complaints form.
What is an Iron Deficiency?
Iron Deficiency Anemia occurs when your body does not have enough to produce hemoglobin- the part of red blood cells that gives blood its red color and enables the red blood cells to carry oxygenated blood throughout your body.
Some symptoms of Iron Deficiency Anemia include:
- Pale skin
- Chest pain, fast heartbeat or shortness of breath
- Headache, dizziness or lightheadedness
- Cold hands and feet
- Inflammation or soreness of your tongue
- Brittle nails
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or starch
What is an Iron Infusion?
An Iron Infusion is the procedure in which iron is delivered to your body intravenously.
At Mooroolbark Medical Centre, we offer an Intravenous Iron Infusion that can be completed in 60 minutes or less!
To find out more or to book in, please contact us on: (03) 8803 5700