Flu season is coming and Flu Shots are arriving on April 1st!
We are currently taking bookings for our first lot of private stock, which this year will be priced at a low $9.99!
All Flu Shots are given in the privacy of our beautiful treatment room by a qualified Nurse or Doctor.
Currently, we do not have an indication of when our government stock (free to patients who meet the eligibility criteria below) will arrive, but we will send out a broadcast as soon as it does.
Please note that stocks are limited, so please call ASAP to ensure that you do not miss out!
Are You Eligible for a Free Flu Vaccine?
Free seasonal influenza vaccine is funded for the following groups at higher risk of complications from influenza:
- all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 6 months and over
- all children aged 6 months to less than 5 years of age (including Aboriginal and medically at risk)
- all individuals aged 5 years and over with medical risk conditions, namely:
- cardiac disease, including cyanotic congenital heart disease, coronary artery disease and congestive heart failure
- chronic respiratory conditions, including suppurative lung disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and severe asthma
- other chronic illnesses requiring regular medical follow up or hospitalisation in the previous year, including diabetes mellitus, chronic metabolic diseases, chronic renal failure, and haemoglobinopathies
- chronic neurological conditions that impact on respiratory function, including multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries, and seizure disorders
- impaired immunity, including HIV, malignancy and chronic steroid use
- children aged 6 months to 10 years on long term aspirin therapy. all people aged 65 years and over
- pregnant women (influenza vaccine can be given at any stage of pregnancy)
- people aged 65 years and over (vaccine that is specifically designed to produce a higher immune response is available for this group)
Are you travelling overseas over the Holiday Season?
Don’t forget to see your GP to check if you need any immunisations to protect yourself.
Mooroolbark Medical Centre are one of the few practices in Victoria accredited to administer Yellow Fever vaccinations, as well as being able to offer most other travel vaccines.
If you are travelling overseas, make sure you book a double appointment for information regarding travel medicine at Mooroolbark Medical Centre!
Mooroolbark Medical Centre would love to welcome Dr Maziar Baghaei to our team!
Starting with us on November 12th 2018, Dr Maz joins us from Myrtle Street Clinic in Alexandra and brings to us an abundance of experience in Emergency Medicine, Sports Medicine, Paediatrics, Skin and Minor Procedures.
Welcome Dr Maz!
We’d like to extend a big thank you to all of our patients that recently took part in our Patient Feedback Survey.
We love getting your feedback and have been able to take some of your suggestions on board to make some improvements to our clinic!
Some of our improvements are:
– We’ve added a new protocol for our receptionists to call you up if your doctor is running more than half an hour behind.
– Text message reminders now sent for all appointments with our Chronic Disease and Diabetic Education Nurses.
– Online booking now available through both Hot Doc and Health Engine.
Don’t forget, you can always leave feedback during your visit to the practice by asking reception for a Suggestion/Complaints form.
We are so excited to welcome Dr Martin Newbury to our team at Mooroolbark Medical Centre, all the way from the UK!
Dr Newbury has over 17 years of experience, initially training in Emergency Medicine and more recently General Practice, having obtained post-graduate diplomas in both. He focusses on a holistic approach to patient care, and has interests in musculo-skeletal medicine (including joint injections), mental health, minor surgical procedures and skin conditions.
When not at work Dr Newbury is a sports tragic, especially for tennis and cycling, and can often be found chasing after his young daughter around parks and shopping malls.
Dr Newbury will be available for consultations Monday – Thursday at Mooroolbark Medical Centre- make sure you come say hi!